Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Click!

Every once in a while, "Click" goes the light and I get it! All too rare, but this morning is one of those times. I keep asking Him why I don't have love for the world. How can I be a Disciple if I really don't care what happens to this dying world? The answer...No, wait...The problem first. The problem is, I want a feeling - I want to feel love for a dying world. That is the problem because love is not a feeling! Isn't that what gets us into so much trouble? How many marriages have been lost because the feelings stopped? How many children die of hunger because I don't feel like helping? I could go on, but that is the problem - We wait to feel something so we can then do the right thing? 

John Maxwell says "Do the right things and the good feelings will follow."

So, the answer? Decide! Decide to love! That's what a Disciple does. They decide to love, no matter how they feel. ...But something is bothering me. What is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment