Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Road Blocks

So what gets in the way of allowing Jesus to change my heart? Well, me! You see Jesus takes His time changing me because it is a relational process - I change as we spend time together. If He simply "changed" me into what He wanted then I would be His puppet. And it is very difficult to have a relationship with a puppet...all those strings getting in the way!

But meanwhile, people are watching me...religious people! And they expect me to act like them! So I start pretending to be like them...no, wait, I am not pretending to be like them, I actually become like them because they are pretending too (But don't tell them that. It will get you crucified!).

Where was I, oh yes, pretending. This is bad because when I am pretending, I am not being honest about who I really am. God can't change a pretender. And once I pretend to be someone else it is intensely difficult to go back. It is called backsliding (This won't get you crucified, it will get you gossip).

So what is the answer? Honesty! Ugly, messy honesty...Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment